I am so excited to share my latest pattern with you, the “School Colors” hoodie, which is simple and fun to knit, with a fitted modern silhouette in that wonderfully bold Spud & Chloe pallet. I used a simple crochet stitch to border the fronts and hood (applied i-cord is another option but takes longer!) and then popped in a zipper (the green one features a fun brass zipper which I loved, but it’s too small to see in the photo).
I had a wonderful time knitting them, and I love them both so much. It looks like they added some really cute and funky zipper pulls to them for the photos and I just love that! It’s sized from 25 to 44, so you can knit it for the young tween in your life, or knit one for yourself! They are both knit top down in one piece, with the red one there is a very simple trick to twisting the yarn on each row, so that you can knit with two colors. It’s like a very simple form of intarsia (and I don’t generally like intarsia, this is so much easier but technically the same thing, stripped down). So no seaming in pesky sleeves later, very little finishing!
I can’t wait to see my samples again in person at TNNA, and get to see the lovely crew from Blue Sky Alpacas and Spud & Chloe again!
SCHOOL COLORS HOODIE
Designed by Brandy Fortune
Published in Spud & Chloë Leaflet no 9519
• Color Block Version: Spud & Chloë Sweater (100g/160yds): 2 (3, 3, 4, 5, 5) hanks MC; 3 (4, 4, 4, 5, 5) hanks CC
• Striped Version: Spud & Chloë Sweater (100g/160yds): 4 (5, 5, 6, 7, 7) hanks MC; 2 (2, 3, 3, 4, 4) hanks CC
• Size 7 (4.5mm) 32″ long or longer circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
• Size 7 (4.5mm) set of double pointed needles, or size needed to obtain gauge
• Stitch markers
• Waste yarn
• Size F (3.75mm) crochet hook, or 1 size smaller than needle size
• Tapestry needle
• 16 (18, 20, 22, 22, 24)” separating zipper
• Sewing needle and thread to match zipper
• Girl’s L/Women’s XXS (Girl’s XL/Women’s XS, S, M, L, XL)
• Chest: 25¾ (28¼, 31¾, 35½, 39¾, 44¼)”, including zipper
• Length: 18¼ (19¾, 21¾, 22¾, 24½, 25)”
• In Stockinette stitch, 18 sts and 25 rows = 4″
• You’ve got spirit; yes you do! Show it off in this top down raglan cardigan, with instructions for both the color-block and striped versions.